By using our service, you consent to the processing of your personal information, including sensitive personal data, as described by these Terms. If you do not accept these Terms, you must not use our Service.
These Terms govern the use by end-users of our YAC App (the App) and any similar or associated service provided via our Website (the Website).
In the Terms, we may refer to end-users as ‘you’. We are referred to as Formdigit Ltd, ‘we’ or simply YAC.
Your registration and consent for data processing
Upon registration you consent to us processing your personal information according to these Terms and to the contract to be governed by these Terms. Your consent may be required in order for you to be able to make the full use of the features of the App and the Website. In addition, consent may be required as some of the data you provide to us may be deemed sensitive personal information.
Your Profile is personal information that we hold about you and will consist of information that you provide about yourself such as your name, telephone number, email, social media names or other contact information, personal status and description, interests, opinions or statements about yourself, and your image(s).
We may condition our Service or parts of it upon you providing certain information to us as part of your Profile. However, we may also give you an option, in your Privacy settings, to limit to a certain degree the display of certain information to other end-users.
We may from time to change the default visibility of your Profile information to various audiences and under various conditions. We will inform you of any such changes via our App or the Website.
Your Profile information shall be processed subject to ‘Data Processing Purposes’ listed below.
YAC may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with our Service, to monitor your Website usage, and to customise and improve our Service. Third-party cookies may also be used for analytics purposes.
Most internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. However, some components of our Service may not function properly if you disable cookies.
By accepting these Terms, you agree to the placement and the use of the cookies described above.
Data processing purposes
The primary purpose of our processing of personal information is the functioning of our Service as described by our Terms of Service and its features, including its main feature: enabling the connecting of people based on their characteristics, interests or needs, in combination with their physical geolocation.
Sensitive data such as on sexual orientation may also be processed in order to offer the users the full benefits of the Service.
In order to enhance user experience, we may also profile you based on the information you provided as part of your Profile and your online or other activities such as expressed interest in people with certain characteristics or places you go to, including your geolocation, or any expressed or implied preferences of other persons in relation to you.
Profiling based on your personal information may also be used for targeted advertising and direct marketing purposes, subject to permitted personal information sharing.
We may rank you based on your past personal interactions and display this ranking to other users. This may involve comparison to other users. Our ranking will never rely on any unfair or discriminatory criteria such as gender, ethnicity or age.
Types and classes of personal information we process
We process information that may include but may not be limited to:
- Personal details collected upon the creation or modification of your Profile, including your Identity image(s) and other images you may provide, your real name, username and any pseudonym you may create, your personal description, interests, opinions, statements and preferences, and your contact details such as email,
- Your behaviour using the App and the Website, such as your preferences in choosing certain people or places and any characteristics thereof, including by means of your geolocation,
- Other people’s actions and reactions in relation to you – this information is considered to be personal information of other users as well, so you will not, upon request, be given full access to it,
- Any messages and posts sent or published by you and communications using other social media by means of features such as ‘sign in with’,
- Lifestyle and social circumstances, including information in relation to your personal connections,
- Family and personal status details, education and employment details, and any other details you or your contacts may provide via the App or the Website.
By accepting these Terms, you also consent to us processing sensitive information, that might, in the circumstances include:
- Your racial or ethnic origin,
- Your political opinions,
- Your religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature,
- Whether you are a member of a trade union (within the meaning of the Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992),
- Your physical or mental health or condition,
- Your sexual life,
- The commission or alleged commission by you of any offence, or
- Any proceedings for any offence committed or alleged to have been committed by you, the disposal of such proceedings or the sentence of any court in such proceedings.
Processing of such information is based on your consent given above (or another condition that may be prescribed by statute) and proportionate to the circumstances. For example, your sexual orientation or religious beliefs may be relevant when choosing your potential partner with the help of the App. Similarly, we may restrict the use of our App and Website if you have or are likely to have committed certain sexual or violent offences.
Sharing personal information
As a basic feature of the App, information that you provide to us about yourself will be shared with other users of the Service, subject to any preferences you may be able to choose in Privacy settings.
As our Service can be used in mesh mode, without network access and without communicating with our servers, personal information shared on your behalf with other users of the Service, or information shared with you, may not always be fully up to date. In such cases, when we become aware of the personal information no longer being up to date, we shall endeavour to update the information as soon as practicable.
You consent to your data being exported to a cloud service in the US for our internal analytics, storage or other legitimate purposes. We shall exercise care in finding cloud service providers with credible data protection policies, preferably in compliance with the EU principle e.g. by means of approved model contract clauses.
You also consent to us sharing your personal information for one or more legitimate reasons with the following:
- Advertising agencies
- Your family, associates and representatives
- Business associates
- Financial organisations
- Consultants and professional advisers
- Credit reference agencies
- Debt collection agencies
- The government.
Unless keeping information in personal form is relevant for the purpose, we endeavour to anonymise or pseudonymise information before sharing it, observing the principle of proportionality. You will be given a choice before we share your information with third parties for direct marketing purposes provided their communications would be displayed or sent to you outside the control of our App or the Website.